Thursday, September 8, 2016

God's Way is Best

Though you may not understand everything, God's way is always best.

I seem to be learning this in a deeper and deeper way as each year and/or each new trial comes and goes. I will never forget the first time I really lost it when talking to David (my pastor - he called and checked on me long before we ever moved here). I unloaded on him and was a complete mess. After I was done letting it all out he just calmly said, "Well, just go through it." That has stuck with me through every single trial and struggle ever since and I am so thankful!

No, we may not understand everything ... and really, that's probably for the better. I mean, if I would have had the full picture of how my walk with the Lord was going to be way back when I first started walking I would have never took more than a step - maybe none at all!! But as you 'just go through' each trial that comes your way (embrace it, don't kick against it) you learn and grow in ways the Lord wants you to learn and grow, and it all prepares you for other things to come.

He really does know what is best and we just have to trust him. He is shaping and molding us into the person he wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible.
Comments that contain offensive language will not be posted.